R&D Altanova respects your privacy and our site visitors’ information. We do not share, sell, or rent any of the information collected to any third parties and do not intend to do so in the future. Please view the information below for more information on both the new data protection laws (GDPR) as well as how R&D Altanova handles information collected through its website.
What information do we collect?
Information Collected by Others
How can I update, correct or delete personal information?
If you would like to have your personal information removed from our records, please send an Email with “Remove personal information” in the subject line.
Does R&D ever disclose any information to others?
Legally Compelled Disclosure of Information
Periodic Policy Changes
What is GDPR?
A new comprehensive data protection law in the EU that updates existing laws to strengthen the protection of personal data in light of rapid technological developments, increased globalization, and more complex international flows of personal data. It replaces the patchwork of national data protection laws currently in place with a single set of rules, directly enforceable in each EU member state.
What does the GDPR Regulate?
The GDPR regulates the “processing,” which includes the collection, storage, transfer or use, of personal data about EU individuals. Any organization that processes personal data of EU individuals, including tracking their online activities, is within the scope of the law, regardless of whether the organization has a physical presence in the EU. Importantly, under the GDPR, the concept of “personal data” is very broad and covers any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual (also called a “data subject”).
How does the GDPR Change privacy law?
The GDPR provides more privacy rights to EU individuals and places significant obligations on organizations. Some of the key changes are:
- Expanded rights for EU individuals: The GDPR provides expanded rights for EU individuals such as deletion, restriction, and portability of personal data.
- Compliance obligations: The GDPR requires organizations to implement appropriate policies and security protocols, conduct privacy impact assessments, keep detailed records on data activities and enter into written agreements with vendors.
- Data breach notification and security: The GDPR requires organizations to report certain data breaches to data protection authorities, and under certain circumstances, to the affected data subjects. The GDPR also places additional security requirements on organizations.
- New requirements for profiling and monitoring: The GDPR places additional obligations on organizations engaged in profiling or monitoring behavior of EU individuals.
- Binding Corporate Rules (BCRs): The GDPR officially recognizes BCRs (which Salesforce offers for certain of its services) as a means for organizations to legalize transfers of personal data outside the EU.
- Enforcement: Under the GDPR, authorities can fine organizations up to the greater of €20 million or 4% of a company’s annual global revenue, based on the seriousness of the breach and damages incurred.
One stop shop: The GDPR provides a central point of enforcement for organizations with operations in multiple EU member states by requiring companies to work with a lead supervisory authority for cross-border data protection issues.
Does the GDPR require EU personal data to stay in the EU?
No, the GDPR does not require EU personal data to stay in the EU, nor does it place any new restrictions on transfers of personal data outside the EU.
Where can I learn more about the GDPR?
Additional information about the GDPR is available on the official GDPR website of the EU.
Does R&D Altanova comply with GDPR?
R&D Altanova welcomes the GDPR as an important step forward in streamlining data protection requirements across the EU and as an opportunity for R&D Altanova to deepen its commitment to data protection. Similar to existing legal requirements, compliance with the GDPR requires a partnership between R&D Altanova and our. R&D Altanova will comply with the GDPR in the protection of our data for our customers.